[OpenIndiana-discuss] debugging mouse freeze/lockup

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Aug 2 22:24:10 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2 Aug 2017, Tim Mooney wrote:

> Most of the hits I've found on the net have related to laptops and USB
> devices that are being powered down to save power, but this is a
> workstation that is always on power.

Just because you have a burly workstation does not mean that the OS
does not try to power down devices similar to a laptop.  Your mouse
may still be being power managed and might not like being power
managed.

I had the same problem with a Windows 10 PC until I disabled power
management.

Check your /etc/power.conf file.  I have this in my power.conf:

device-thresholds       /dev/usb/hid0                           always-on
device-thresholds       /dev/usb/hid1                           always-on
device-thresholds       /dev/usb/hid2                           always-on
device-thresholds       /dev/usb/hid3                           always-on

Do something similar for your mouse device.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn