[OpenIndiana-discuss] possible to modify the log file location for CRON?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Thu Aug 3 05:34:34 UTC 2017

Wondering if it is possible to change/configure the directory location for cron
from the stock /var/cron/log location to somewhere else.

Looking at the man page, All I really see as configurable is that logging can be
turned off in the /etc/default/cron file.  The PATH environmental variable can
also be set here.

I also ran strings across the 'cron' binary, in hopes of turning up something.
If it is/was there, I missed it.

Is it possible to configure the cron log file location using the 'as supplied'
cron daemon that ships with OpenIndiana?

Thanks,

Jerry