[OpenIndiana-discuss] possible to modify the log file location for CRON?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Thu Aug 3 09:28:06 UTC 2017

On 08/ 3/17 02:47 AM, Peter Tribble wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:34 AM, Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:
>
>> Wondering if it is possible to change/configure the directory location for
>> cron from the stock /var/cron/log location to somewhere else.
>>

> Not that I know of. It's hard-coded in the source.
>
> Why do you want to change it?

It's a question I was asked at $WORK.  Working in a multi-platform environment,
I have had people inquire as to standardizing misc. log file locations across
different platforms.

For most items, moving log file locations around is pretty obvious and simple.
Cron seems to be something else.

Thanks for the reply,

Jerry