[OpenIndiana-discuss] Time-slider has stopped working

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Aug 5 15:07:12 UTC 2017

Setup: OI/hipster with recent updates
 Hardware: HP xw8600 - 2x Xeon  CPU X5450 @ 3.00GHz - 32 GB ram

The time-slider has stopped working... I see the time-slider icon in
upper right of MATE desktop blinking furiously.

right clicking tells me to `configure-timeslider'... I've tried
repeatedly.

start time-slider dialog, get the screen to sign in as root, I see
time slider is enabled, and the settings are the same as last time as
I used it.

So I made a minor changes saved and closed.

No help, time-slider does not engage.

Using /usr/bin/time-slider-setup
Tried turning time-slider off and back on... still no help.

How can I further debug this?