[OpenIndiana-discuss] Reboot failed after Hipster upgrade

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 10 22:12:58 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 08:35:38AM +0200, Till Wegmüller wrote:

> Try adding "-v" at the end of the boot line
> that adds additional boot startup messages.

Well, I got a lot of information from the device probe.  Some messages
scrolled off the screen.

After that it said:

/pci at 0,0/pci1043,81c0 at e :
	SATA disk device at port 0
	Model ST3169815AS
	firmware 4.AAB
	serial number		5RA60SZT
	supported features:
	  48-bit LBA, DMA, Native Command Queueing, SMART self-test
	SATA Gen1 signaling speed (1.5Gbps)
	Supported queue depth 32, limited to 1
	capacity = 312581808 sectors

The disk light showed some activity after that, but nothing more
was printed on the console.