[OpenIndiana-discuss] multiboot windows7 along hipster 10161030

Marcel Telka marcel at telka.sk
Wed Feb 1 20:13:35 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 11:13:43AM +0100, Marc Lobelle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed hipster on a free partition on a notebook including also windows
> 7. As far as I remember when I do that with solaris, when booting, I get
> into grub and I have just to edit  grub or to modify
> /rpool/boot/grub/grub.cfg to configure the mutiboot.
>
> Here I get immediately into a Hipsper screen.
>
> What should I do to pass first trough grub (or any other way to boot windows
> on this machine) ? I want the two OS to run natively, nor virtually one on
> top of the other.
>
> I tried "escape to loader prompt" but I do not know how to boot windows from
> there nor how to add the possibility to boot windows from the first menu. I
> tried lsdev where I see the windows partitions. I tried to chain these, as
> well the solaris 2 partition: in all instances I get "open failed"
>
> I guess I am not the first to want a muti boot hipster/windows 7.
>
> Can anybody hell me

I use this:

cat <<EOF > /boot/menu.rc.local
set mainmenu_caption[7]="[F]edora"
set mainmenu_command[7]="chain disk0s6:"
set mainmenu_keycode[7]=102
set mainansi_caption[7]="^[1mF^[medora"

set mainmenu_caption[8]="[W]indows"
set mainmenu_command[8]="chain disk0s2:"
set mainmenu_keycode[8]=119
set mainansi_caption[8]="^[1mW^[mindows"
EOF

HTH.