[OpenIndiana-discuss] oi-userland for SPARC

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:09:25 UTC 2017

Hey Gary,

I am sorry, but as of this moment we don’t have any way to test and merge these changes into oi-userland. SPARC is not an officially supported OpenIndiana hardware platform. I understand that there might be a huge demand for SPARC, but we are lacking infrastructure without which we can't do anything SPARC-related.

The current plan is as follows:
- get latest bootable sparc system
- run java/jenkins on it

After we have this small build infrastructure, massive work can happen on the userland front - fast rebuild, separate SPARC repo etc - everything the hipster branch has. As for your changes, I would suggest to keep commit per component change and publish to a repo, where it can be downloaded from. I would encourage more SPARC people to join efforts and help Agnar with whatever needs to be done, so the goal (fully up-to-date SPARC variant of OI)

P.S: if anybody wants to start debating SPARC support, don’t spend time on that. Agnar could use help!

Cheers,
Adam