[OpenIndiana-discuss] Questions on Hipster 10/16

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:06:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Joachim Weiß via openindiana-discuss <
openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I’ve been out of OI for awhile, now I installed Hipster 10/16 need a
> little help regarding:
>
> Virtualbox (from their website) won’t install due to some Python
> dependency, fix?

I would install the package bellow instead:

http://opensxce.org/virtualbox5_qt4/testbins/

> The GUI for selecting printers has disappeared, is it discontinued?

i think it was mentioned in a bug on bugs.openindiana.org

> Also GUI for package management ist still missing, I think from the
> beginning of Hipster …

Yes I attempted to work on it but Python gives me rashes.

> … still fidlding with HDMI sound output … should be fairly easy.

For my Nvidia card their was a bug in the Nvidia driver itself, not related
to OI.

Kind regards

Aurelien

> Still: CONGRATULATIONS! Boot up time has been reduced significantly and
> everything else works without hassle.
>
> Thank you!
>

> > Am 12.12.2016 um 10:09 schrieb Apostolos Syropoulos via
> openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org>:
> >
> >> FFmpeg can use several libraries. But as libraries (which ffmpeg can
> >> use) use different licensing, if you compile ffmpeg with all options
> >> enabled, you get binary, which you can't redistribute according to
> >
> >> GPLv2 license.
> >

> > Correct remark! That is why I explained how one can compile
> > ffmpeg with all these libraries enabled. If you do not use
> > these libraries, then ffmpeg is practically useless!
> >
> > A.S.

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings