[OpenIndiana-discuss] roughly normal rsyncing data point to point on localhost

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon Jul 17 19:30:38 UTC 2017

Setup: OS: Openindian/hipster (A branch of Solaris 11)
 Hardware: HP xw8600 workstation:
           2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5470 @ 3.33GHz - 32 GB Ram
-------       -------       ---=---       -------      -------

I curious to find out if what I'm seeing while rsyncing data from
point to point on localhost is about what I should expect.

I do realize the many factors might impact this kind of testing.

But just want a non-scientific in general response from a few of you
old hands that will if this is way off or what.

Sorry if this is way tmi . . .

The hardware in use is listed at the top of this message.

$rsync is rsync-3.1.2

I'm transferring a recently deleted linux running in Vbox vm back into
place.

$DST =  /vb/vm/<list of machines> where /vb/vm is
                                   pool/vb and pool/vb/vm

SRC = /vb/vm/.zfs/snapshot/2weeksago/vm1

rsync -vvrptgd0l --stats  $SRC $DST/

So, rsyncing  vm1 back into position from a snapshot

I'm seeing, over time (30min), very close to 1GB transferred every 60 seconds

Can anyone say if this par for the course or what?