[OpenIndiana-discuss] disable window maximize when moved on hipster

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Jul 20 16:59:16 UTC 2017

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] disable window maximize when moved...:

> You were looking for the wrong window Manager.
> Mate's Marco is the default.

Ok, thanks.  I knew about Marco, but under the older gnome 2 desktop,
compiz was used for some settings.

> https://askubuntu.com/questions/554934/ubuntu-mate-14-04-how-to-disable-window-maximizing-when-title-bar-dragged-to-to

Thanks, that does appear to have fixed it.  The gsetting/dconf setting
is
 	org.mate.Marco.general side-by-side-tiling

which seems oddly-named for what it actually does, but setting it to
false got rid of the behavior.

Thanks again!

Tim

> Am 15.07.2017 um 00:47 schrieb Tim Mooney:
>>
>> All-
>>
>> Can anyone point out where the setting is to disable the behavior where a
>> window will maximize when you move its titlebar up against the top bar of
>> the desktop environment?  This is for hipster, updated to latest
>> everything as of a couple days ago.
>>
>> I found this post about the exact issue and the response for how to
>> disable with Compiz on Ubuntu:
>>
>>      https://askubuntu.com/questions/72452/how-to-turn-off-compizs-drag-to-maximize-behaviour
>>
>> I've been using gsettings and dconf to handle tailoring my desktop config,
>> like when I rebuild a devel VM from scratch, and that's been very handy
>> for other settings.
>>
>> There are, however, no settings under /apps/compiz-1/ on hipster, and the
>> ccsm GUI doesn't show the same settings as is displayed in the GUI from
>> the 2nd answer to the question from the URL above.
>>
>> Anyone know where this setting is for hipster?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tim

Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)