[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hardware list

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jul 26 06:42:12 UTC 2017

On 07/26/17 09:21 AM, Kai Windle wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Is there a list of compatible hardware like the FreeBSD project has?
> I tried to install on a spare hard drive last night on my pc since that
> box doesn't support virtual machines. During the boot up X wouldn't
> start (to be honest I was too distracted to take notes as to why it
> didn't) but I've come to the conclusion that maybe some of my hardware
> isn't compatible just yet.

Hi.
There's OI HCL https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Community+HCL and illumos
HCL https://www.illumos.org/hcl/.
For graphics it's better to rely to Nvidia or Intel adapters, DRI on
AMD/ATI adapters will work only with software rendering (if it will at
all). The exact list of PCI ids of supported Intel adapters can be found
here
https://github.com/illumos/gfx-drm/blob/master/usr/src/pkg/manifests/driver-graphics-drm.mf#L60
(at least these are adapters which are supposed to be handled by our
driver).
Without more information (at least Xorg log) it's hardly possible to say
what's happening.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,