[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hardware list

Kai Windle kaiwindle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 07:27:51 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 09:42:12AM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 07/26/17 09:21 AM, Kai Windle wrote:
> > Good morning,
> >
> > Is there a list of compatible hardware like the FreeBSD project has?
> > I tried to install on a spare hard drive last night on my pc since that
> > box doesn't support virtual machines. During the boot up X wouldn't
> > start (to be honest I was too distracted to take notes as to why it
> > didn't) but I've come to the conclusion that maybe some of my hardware
> > isn't compatible just yet.
> >

> Hi.
> There's OI HCL https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Community+HCL and illumos HCL
> https://www.illumos.org/hcl/.
> For graphics it's better to rely to Nvidia or Intel adapters, DRI on AMD/ATI
> adapters will work only with software rendering (if it will at all). The
> exact list of PCI ids of supported Intel adapters can be found here https://github.com/illumos/gfx-drm/blob/master/usr/src/pkg/manifests/driver-graphics-drm.mf#L60
> (at least these are adapters which are supposed to be handled by our
> driver).
> Without more information (at least Xorg log) it's hardly possible to say
> what's happening.
> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply when I get home tonight I'll try to boot from USB
again and get some more information. My graphics card is Nvidia I just
don't remembe it's model I cannot remember if it's the 970 or later.

I'll check out the links you sent tonight.

Thanks again for the information!

--

Kind Regards

Kai