[OpenIndiana-discuss] Mate 1.18.0

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Mon Jun 5 19:27:17 UTC 2017

Hi,

After updating again and recreating the BE I logged in to Mate 1.18.0
and changed the default Theme to TraditionalOK which did resolve the
Window decoration issue, so that minimising/maximising/closing buttons
were displayed.

I looked at the other settings on the Appearance Preferences, the Theme,
Background, Fonts and Interface Menu options are one continuous sequence
of characters (there should be spacing between these words).

While it is possible to add and select different backgrounds, the other
menus do not appear to function completely. In Fonts, it is possible to
change the size of the Application, Document, Desktop, Windows Title and
Fixed width font, the Rendering options can not be selected Monochrome,
Best Contrast, Best Shapes and Subpixel Smoothing. Selecting Interface,
none of the Menu options are available.

Checking the Theme selection it had reverted to Custom, changing this to
TraditionalOK took two attempts before it would remain selected. After
this Font and Interface selections would work correctly.

In terms of the Font menu, I changed all the default size to 9 for
Application, Document, Desktop and Fixed Width Font, Window title font
was changed to 10. I found that the large font reduced the amount of
information on the screen and changing it made it look more like Mate 1.16.

Regards

Russell