[OpenIndiana-discuss] openindiana-discuss Digest, Vol 80, Issue 5

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Mar 3 20:53:43 UTC 2017

On 03.03.2017 23:38, Mappack Owner wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> This message is directed to Alexander Pyhalov who replied to my
> "thread"
> about non-free components in illumos/OpenIndiana. I'm not sure how I
> should reply to a specific thread in a mailing list which comes as a
> daily digest. I'm sorry if this is sent to the wrong place.
>
> Thanks, so the non-free components are mostly a handful of utilities
> and
> kernel components from Sun? Also, what are xpg4 and xpg6?

For illumos-gate - yes. For OpenIndiana there are also a lot of
packages,
which are available only in binary form. Several, which I can remember
instantly
are motif libraries and cpp. For cpp there are open replacements, but
last time
I've checked they behaved slightly different on different sets of header
files.
---