[OpenIndiana-discuss] Issues with https://pkg.openindiana.org and debugging

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 19:01:45 UTC 2017

On 03/ 2/17 10:25 AM, Nikola M wrote:
> On 03/ 1/17 11:19 PM, Adam Števko wrote:
>
>> However, before doing so, we need to ensure that everybody is able to
>> HTTPS. For identifying problematic hosts, I would gladly ask people
>> who are experiencing problems with HTTPS on pkg.openindiana.org
>> <http://pkg.openindiana.org/> to provide me with the following outputs:
>>
>> pkg info userland-incorporation package/pkg crypto/ca-certificates
>> library/python-2/pycurl library/python-2/pyopenssl
>> library/python-2/m2crypto
>>
>> I was trying to reproduce the issue, but I wasn’t successful. It
>> would also help if somebody could tell how can I get into “broken”
>> state.
>
> On the first machine it was OK with https, but on 2 other machines
> (-2, -3) I migrated back to http:
> https://mega.nz/#!7cwjDLSY!zbPkCZrGhkcXMR3rYB6Fi0y4_AGs-74l7CgG9vUXyJk
> https://mega.nz/#!KcRFzayA!dVr37ptTsN_Q_clFyJsKn1WkYpgUstgti3i9yG5FjQU
> https://mega.nz/#!3EIwiKpT!H1BcRrighyDmY9U06JqbaSSObXrt1v02ApDI_MDMvEs
>
> Since now I suspected something with my lan setup, but since others
> experience that too, it would be good to share error messages at
> least, I will if I have one again on update.

I got this output when trying to update today over https, but about hour
later I made it to update over https:
https://bpaste.net/show/6b8033bc2962

$ pfexec pkg update -v -r > updatelogs/updatelog-hipster-90.txt

Errors were encountered while attempting to retrieve package or file
data for
the requested operation.
Details follow:

Framework error: code: E_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR (35) reason: Unknown SSL
protocol error in connection to pkg.openindiana.org:443

$ cat updatelogs/updatelog-hipster-90.txt
  Startup: Refreshing catalog 'hipster-encumbered' ... Done
  Startup: Refreshing catalog 'openindiana.org' ... Done
  Startup: Refreshing catalog 'localhostoih' ... Done
Planning: Solver setup ... Done (16.783s)
Planning: Running solver ... Done (0.177s)
Planning: Finding local manifests ... Done (1.254s)
Planning: Fetching manifests:   0/373  0% complete
Planning: Fetching manifests:   3/373  0% complete
Planning: Fetching manifests:   3/373  0% complete