[OpenIndiana-discuss] glxgears

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 5 19:26:23 UTC 2017

Hello,
I tried to run glxgears and I discovered that it does not work:

$ glxgears
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  38
  Current serial number in output stream:  40
The I tried the following "trick"

$export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA/amd64:/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA
$ glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
208 frames in 5.0 seconds = 41.535 FPS
207 frames in 5.0 seconds = 41.358 FPS
207 frames in 5.0 seconds = 41.354 FPS

Now the window opens but it displays nothing while the program reportssomething as you can see. Any ideas why this happens?
A.S.
PS In fact I discovered this when I tried to run xscreensaver-demoand I realized that almost no option was available. I recompiledxscreensaver but now the binary was linked against the libraries in/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA and now most options are functional. The strangething is that the 3D stuff is still no usable. So I tried glxgears...