[OpenIndiana-discuss] A rather dopey problem with Mate panel

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Mar 8 17:57:43 UTC 2017

On a fresh install of hipster from iso on vbox vm. Hosted on an OI
host running 151a9...

After getting things going... I follishly assumed the setting that
causes the panel at screen bottom to hide until you mouse over or near
it.  Like it is supposed to do I think. would just work.

But anyway, once I checked the `hide' box at right click panel =>
properties, that was it, now I have no way to get to it... it does not
respond to mousing.  Kind of a pain if you forget and iconify
something your working with.... its gone, sleeping in the hidden panel
unless you log out and back in.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to edit something by hand, but digging
around ~/.confg dconf and few other places... I've not figured out
what or how.

I created another user to see if something showed up in .config
different than the hidden panel users setup..

Cutting to the chase I hoped someone here would know how to get
that darned panel back in action.