[OpenIndiana-discuss] A rather dopey problem with Mate panel

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 00:02:54 UTC 2017

On 03/ 8/17 06:57 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> On a fresh install of hipster from iso on vbox vm. Hosted on an OI
> host running 151a9...
>
> After getting things going... I follishly assumed the setting that
> causes the panel at screen bottom to hide until you mouse over or near
> it.  Like it is supposed to do I think. would just work.
>
> But anyway, once I checked the `hide' box at right click panel =>
> properties, that was it, now I have no way to get to it... it does not
> respond to mousing.  Kind of a pain if you forget and iconify
> something your working with.... its gone, sleeping in the hidden panel
> unless you log out and back in.
If I select 'autohide' in MATE's lower panel properties, it can autohide
and when I click on hide button, I still have button on lower right/left
of the screen, so I can bring panel back.

I can only guess it could have something to do with Virtualbox and it's
(absent?) VirtualBox integration application(s) for VirtualBox guest
machine.
(Running OI hipster on hardware, so I haven't try it in VBox recently).