[OpenIndiana-discuss] 2034 is near

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 11:34:47 UTC 2017

On 03/20/17 11:53 AM, Jacques Hugo wrote:
> Off topic, yes, but definitely relevant.  I for one would love to replace
> FreeBSD with OI on my Raspi's.

I don't think whole thread were offtopic at all, I think it was on-topic
since OI and Solaris share code and userbase is similar and
interchangeable.

Using platforms that can't do ECC RAM is not advisable. One should make
sure it can support actual porting effort of illumos to ARM, with real
big money if wanting one.

Also RAM is cheap and having platforms with low RAM, without ECC for
good ZFS use is a pita.

Beside that, please always post below quotes when posting on public
list. And this thread is long ended. Thanks :)