[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana on ARM - WAS:: the end is near? ::Fwd: Re: [zfs-discuss] zfs on 32 bit?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Mon Mar 20 19:21:11 UTC 2017

I think that the OpenIndiana discussion is spot on, and I am always excited to
see this discussion come back to a head.

I believe I have reposted this previously, but in case you haven't seen it, here
is one of the earliest post from Erik Trimble @ Sun announcing that
OpenSolaris/Indiana, then current at the time, had been successfully ported to ARM.

Further study into this shows that there was also a special version of ZFS,
termed CZFS, that was optimized to function in low resource environments.

I was never able to acquire any of the source code, or binaries for the ARM
port.  I'm sure that someone out there worked on this and has the stuff though.

Jerry