[OpenIndiana-discuss] Is hipster repo slow for pkg commands

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Mar 24 14:41:48 UTC 2017

[Note: comments below NOT to be seen as load complaining]

Running pkg update I've noticed that is seems really slow.  Maybe a
local network mess I've made? or is the repo pretty slow?

During pkg update (last was Mar 3) I see speed measured in  700-900 k/s during
pkg downloads, shouldn't I be seeing measurments in at least several
m/s or so?

pkg  search usually seems quite slow too.  I have rebuilt the search
database or etc but still it usually seems quite slow