[OpenIndiana-discuss] NMS software for snmp-based network monitoring that runs on OI? What's your favourite?

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed May 10 17:27:07 UTC 2017

Hello Hans,

Monitoring tools are something that I try to keep a pulse on.  It seems as I
jump from position to position thru out my career, monitoring seems to be
something I occasionally have my hands on.

just as a rule of thumb, anything commercial is going to require SPARC.

For open source stuff, if you can compile it and produce a binary, it should run
on OI, same as any other Unix, or Unix clone.

If you are interested, I can share my "software list" with you.

Let me know,

Jerry