[OpenIndiana-discuss] coreboot and OI

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu May 11 05:26:11 UTC 2017

On 05/10/17 05:06 PM, openbabel wrote:
> I am trying to install oios after updating the UEFI bios to the latest
> F20/21.

Hi,
What's your hardware/MB, Btw?

> The previous bios ran oi but post install of the new bios it freezes
> after SUNOS boot information screen. This is similar to solaris 11.3.
> I am advised that I can no longer return to earlier copies of the bios
> so I am resorting to looking at the opensource coreboot project which
> is meant to support opensolaris. Has anyone any experience of
> installing coreboot to run Oi ? if so what are instructions to do this?

Got to ask coreboot or include your hardware in their development process.

Try using previous OI snapshots media and you could also try booting
from recent USB media, where you copy /boot/zfsloader from the working
and booting BE to see if it is maybe something with ACPI.
Maybe you could also try setting up your EFI/BIOS settings for
compatibility?