[OpenIndiana-discuss] Virtualbox Hipster guests no longer auto-resize?

Michael Huff mphuff at gmail.com
Sun May 14 03:48:33 UTC 2017

Hi

I have had a problem at least as far back as the Oct 2016 Hipster -maybe
earlier, while using it as a guest under Virtualbox 5.x

I install guest additions, but the screen does not auto-adjust after
rebooting. I have to manually pick out a screen size using a combination
of the virtual screen/resize dialog and Mate's control panel. I'm able
to get a 1920x1080 resolution (in full screen), but it's static (meaning
it doesn't change).

The down side is that I can't resize the window which you can with
Windows guests and Linux Mate guests. With those two operating systems,
the guest additions change the resolution of the guest automatically
when you resize the window they're in.

Openindiana used to too, but no longer seems to.

Is this a known problem, is there a workaround?

Thank you for your time.