[OpenIndiana-discuss] switching from Ubuntu

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 10:17:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Lonnie Cumberland <lonnie at outstep.com>
wrote:

> Hi Till,
>
> I have been searching over the links that you provided for Qualcomm Atheros
> AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet" and "Broadcom Limited BCM43228 802.11 a/b/g/n"
> wireless network cards but it seems that they are not supported yet.

The atge driver has been included in illumos (and thus OpenIndiana) for
many years.
It doesn't list the AR8161 as supported (so it won't recognize it) but it's
worth trying.

(This is from memory, so I hope I got it right.)

As root:

update_drv -a -i '"pciex1969,1091"' atge
devfsadm -i atge
dladm show-phys

--
-Peter Tribble