[OpenIndiana-discuss] missing printer

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 18:16:19 UTC 2017

Today I tried to use Atril to "print" a page to file. The print menu did notshow any printer not even the "print to file" printer. I manuallyinstalledthe gtk-backend-cups which was missing from my system using the following command:

pkg install pkg:/library/desktop/gtk3/gtk-backend-cups

Now the print menu shows my printer but still the "print to file" printeris missing. BTW, other applications (e.g., firefox) have this printer asan option. Any ideas and/or suggestions?
A.S.