[OpenIndiana-discuss] recompiling a program for openindiana

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 21:53:45 UTC 2017

Hmm

I am affraid several Unix Machanisms block you here.

First mount was designed so that a filesystem that is in access can not
be unmounted. This so that an admin can not accidentally kill the system
with an umount. I am not aware of a filesystem based mechanism that
leaves the access once the file is written, AFAIK this is also true on
linux with DMcrypt. This kind of design only works with an file based
approach like GPG/PGP.

If you have a Zpool inside the Lofidevice you will have to deactivate it
and all process using it before closing the lofidev.

Zpools can be imported and mounted during import/export they are
automatically mounted/unmounted. The In use limitation applies to both
aswell due to forementioned reason.

>From what i gather what you want you may want to look at the F.U.S.E
Options.

I have a bit of trouble figuring out your threat model. Could you
elaborate on what you want to defend against? This may allow people to
give you better advice.

Greetings
Till