[OpenIndiana-discuss] [openindiana-discuss]OI KVM status on host AMD CPUs

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Fri Oct 20 08:13:52 UTC 2017

On 10/20/17 08:55, Rares Aioanei wrote:
> Hey,
> The OI virtualization wiki states that at the moment, KVM host support
> is limited to modern Intel CPUs. However, the page seems outdated
> (2014, if memory serves), so my question is : do you guys know of any
> recent progress on AMD support? And also, I couldn't find the code
> that enables OI to serve as host, if anyone can point me in the right
> direction, I'd appreciate it.
> Thanks.

Hi,

I know for sure that you cannot use kvm and VirtualBox together...

OI /hipster provides packages (I did not tested them, cannot tell to you
more details):

pkg:/driver/i86pc/kvm
pkg:/system/qemu/kvm

You might try it.

HTH
Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!