[OpenIndiana-discuss] [openindiana-discuss]OI KVM status on host AMD CPUs

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczko.tomasz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 10:34:04 UTC 2017

On 20 October 2017 at 09:13, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst <
predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com> wrote:

> On 10/20/17 08:55, Rares Aioanei wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>> The OI virtualization wiki states that at the moment, KVM host support
>> is limited to modern Intel CPUs. However, the page seems outdated
>> (2014, if memory serves), so my question is : do you guys know of any
>> recent progress on AMD support? And also, I couldn't find the code
>> that enables OI to serve as host, if anyone can point me in the right
>> direction, I'd appreciate it.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Hi,
>
> I know for sure that you cannot use kvm and VirtualBox together...

Of course it is possible t use it if you will change VBox configuration to
"VBoxManage setproperty hwvirtexclusive off".
The same issue is with VBox on regular Solaris used with kernel zones.

koczek
--
Tomasz Kłoczko | LinkedIn: http://lnkd.in/FXPWxH