[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Intro questions

John D Groenveld jdg117 at elvis.arl.psu.edu
Mon Oct 23 17:31:41 UTC 2017

In message <C6915875-235D-4376-A49C-D68D9137DF90 at a.sc05.rmdlvry002.com>, Gary G
endel writes:
> x-windows support from that.  (I've run apps like xterm etc. from a remote des
>ktop).  Unlike OpenIndiana, native desktop functionality is limited.

I think the OP also wants to run the X server in a container with
the IO devices passed to it from the global zone.
I vaguely recall this wish list in an OI or Omnios forum.

Another similar use-case is passing the framebuffer from host
to VBox or KVM guest to run games and other graphics intensive
applications.

John
groenveld at acm.org