[OpenIndiana-discuss] what to expect setting timeslider to `all'

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Sep 5 11:48:30 UTC 2017

[...]

Dave Miner <dave.miner at oracle.com> writes:

> Sounds like an old bug that was fixed some time ago in Solaris, where
> the exclusion check for recursive snapshots isn't correct.

This is happening on a recently updated (about 170825 or so) hipster
OS.

So if an old bug has recurred somehow, one would think it would be
getting reported by others on this list.

Since that does not appear to be happening, I'm guessing the problem is
something local.  Pilot error of some kind. But I haven't attempted
any edits or etc on the timeslider scripting.

I've only tried different settings available thru the gui interface
which seems like it should mean the basic program code is not
affected.

I'm also guessing from your reply that you DO NOT see the described
behavior on your setup?  That is, that you DO get snapshots in all zfs
fs, not just the terminal fs?

If you have timeslider enabled and set to `all':

Then in a setup like `pool/a/b' you get similarly dated snaps in both
`/MNT.PT/a/.zfs/snapshot/' and `/MNT.PT/b/.zfs/snapshot/'.  Is that
correct?