[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: MATE + NVIDIA + 2 monitors :: full screen problem

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Sep 5 15:01:38 UTC 2017

On 09/05/17 16:24, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 09/ 5/17 12:59 AM, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have strange problem on my /hipster installation (since I have moved
>> to Mate from Gnome).
>>
>> There were no changes on hardware in mean time:
>>
>> pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x10de device 0x0605
>>   NVIDIA Corporation G92 [GeForce 9800 GT]
>>
>> In Gnome, I was able to use Xinerama and to have separate workspaces
>> on 2 screens.. E.G. If I wanted to watch video on full screen, only
>> that monitor was used.
>
> Are you sure Xinerama was turned on then?  Xinerama combines screens into a
> single logical screen, so what you want sounds like the opposite of
> Xinerama.
>
> Have you tried turning Xinerama off?
>
>      -alan-

Hi Alan,

yes, I have tried (actually, it is NOT in use now, because Xinerama was
not working either):

$ grep -i xinerama /etc/X11/xorg.conf
     Option         "Xinerama" "0"
     Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-0"

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!