[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: atril && pluma do not see printers (cannot print)

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Sep 12 09:24:32 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have strange problem:

printers are configured via cups system on my /hipster installation:
$ print-service -q
active print service: cups

but atril and pluma (MATE) tools cannot see it, and thus cannot print.

Same time, "non" MATE applications (firefox, thunderbird, libreoffice,
etc) see printers and can use it.

Also, I cannot see any application, applet or anything in MATE
System->Preferences menu which can manager printers.

Unfortunately, I do not know when it has stopped (was definitely
working), because I am not printing often...

Any idea, anyone?

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!