[OpenIndiana-discuss] [Solved] Re: help needed: reinstall bootloader

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Sat Apr 14 09:18:18 UTC 2018

Hello!

Many thanks for the hints!

This worked:
#boot from installation media
#sudo zpool import rpool
#sudo zpool export rpool
#reboot

Note: i didn't have to specify -d /dev/dsk or the like, the device name
was automatically changed.

Over night i had an idea which might have solved this without reboot:
-define a partition on a spare drive with the exact same size as the
rpool partition
-add this new device as a mirror device to the rpool
-wait for resilver complete
-detach the original device
-"some magic" to clear the zpool/zfs info on the original device
-re-add the 'cleaned' original device
-wait for resilver complete
-detach the temporary used device
-done

Any thoughts on this?
if this were a good idea, can someone give the missing command line
details for the next person who needs this?

Greetings from Germany,
Stephan