[OpenIndiana-discuss] need to downgrade nvidia driver

Flemming Dalsgaard flemming.dalsgaard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:41:47 UTC 2018

Hi.

A fresh install of OI did kill the graphics on my pc.
It seems to be caused by the nvidia driver as of the Xorg.log
stating my card requires the 304.137 driver instead of the current 340.106
version.

Following the suggested metode on
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Nvidia+Graphics

the "pfexec pkg -R /mnt uninstall -r driver/graphics/nvidia" failed due to
packages depend on the current 340.106 version.
specifically :
mate_install at 0.1-2018.0.0.31
x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video at 0.5.11-2018.0.0.1

Could the dependencies be removed or relaxed on thoes packages so its would
be possible to install the nvidia driver that works with my graphics ?

Thanks
Flemming