[OpenIndiana-discuss] need to downgrade nvidia driver

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Aug 7 14:43:59 UTC 2018

On 08/07/18 15:41, Flemming Dalsgaard wrote:
> Hi.
>
> A fresh install of OI did kill the graphics on my pc.
> It seems to be caused by the nvidia driver as of the Xorg.log
> stating my card requires the 304.137 driver instead of the current 340.106
> version.
>
> Following the suggested metode on
> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Nvidia+Graphics
>
> the "pfexec pkg -R /mnt uninstall -r driver/graphics/nvidia" failed due to
> packages depend on the current 340.106 version.
> specifically :
> mate_install at 0.1-2018.0.0.31
> x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video at 0.5.11-2018.0.0.1
>
> Could the dependencies be removed or relaxed on thoes packages so its would
> be possible to install the nvidia driver that works with my graphics ?
>
> Thanks
> Flemming

Hi,

I think this article might be helpful:
https://alp-notes.blogspot.com/2015/10/userland-incorporation-in-openindiana.html

(I would like to point that all credits for that article go to Alexander
Pyhalov - he pointed it to me long time ago, and I have felt free to
share it.)

Regards.

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!