[OpenIndiana-discuss] need to downgrade nvidia driver

Flemming Dalsgaard flemming.dalsgaard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:18:03 UTC 2018

Thanks for the infomation!

But since I have to remove the current nvidia driver as pr. instructions on
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Nvidia+Graphics
the change in facet will not be sufficient.

Tried to uninstall mate_install at 0.1-2018.0.0.31 +
x11/server/xorg/driver/xorg-video at 0.5.11-2018.0.0.1
that would let me uninstall the nvidia driver
but reinstall of mate_install and/or xorg-video pull in the the 340.106
version of nvidia also overwriting my just installed 304.137 version since
they both require the nvidia package :/

The "solution" for now has been to overwrite the installed 340.106 version
with the 304.137 pkgadd
not very beautiful and properly will cause issues later..

Thanks
Flemming