[OpenIndiana-discuss] nsswitch.conf

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Fri Aug 24 13:16:14 UTC 2018

On 08/24/18 14:49, Carsten John wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm running hipster on a test setup and can't get changes to nsswitch.conf get honored (need to get winbind for passwd and groups inton it).
>
> In Oracle 11.3 the nsswitch is managed via svccfg, but the service name-service/switch seems not to be present in hipster.
>
> Any manual change to nsswitch.conf is ignored and revertes in the file after reboot.
>

> Any suggestions?
>
> Thx
>
> Carsten

Hi Carsten,

I used to set it (long time ago) with nwamcfg (and nwamadm) utilities,
for example:

$ find /etc/nwam/ -type f -name nsswitch.conf
/etc/nwam/loc/User/nsswitch.conf
/etc/nwam/loc/Legacy/nsswitch.conf

$ nwamcfg list
NCPs:
         Automatic
         e1000g0_dhcp
         e1000g0_static
         rge0_dhcp
         rge0_static
Locations:
         Automatic
         NoNet
         User

$ nwamadm list -x -p loc
TYPE        PROFILE        STATE          AUXILIARY STATE
loc         Automatic      online         active
loc         NoNet          offline        conditions for activation are
unmet
loc         User           disabled       disabled by administrator

See also:
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Using+NWAM+to+configure+network+interfaces
(there could be more pages on same wiki).

Maybe there is better way, but this one still works...

HTH
With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!