[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Dec 12 01:55:59 UTC 2018

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox, Till Wegmüller said...:

> Thanks for that work guys. Unfortunately I does not work for me.
> My System Panics.
> I updated to the latest release this morning and still get panics every
> time I want to boot a VM.

I finally had time to update to latest hipster after finishing a big
project at work.  I removed the old-style SUNWvbox (5.2.8) package first,
rebooted, then did multiple rounds of pkg updates, rebooted, then
installed system/virtualbox and again rebooted.

I've only lightly tested my guests, but I haven't seen any panics yet.
Most stuff has worked fine, though I've discovered that none of my guests
have functioning audio, which I'll need to look into.  I'm hoping it's
just something weird at the host (not guest) level with audio, but I'll
try debug that tomorrow.

> Does anybody know a thing I am missing or should I open a bug report?

Assuming you got the old format package cleared out, then I'm not certain
what you could be missing.

I'll be interested to hear as you make progress on this.

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)