[OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Thu Dec 13 10:31:35 UTC 2018

On 12/12/18 02:55, Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] VirtualBox, Till Wegmüller said...:
>
>> Thanks for that work guys. Unfortunately I does not work for me.
>> My System Panics.
>> I updated to the latest release this morning and still get panics every
>> time I want to boot a VM.
>
> I finally had time to update to latest hipster after finishing a big
> project at work.  I removed the old-style SUNWvbox (5.2.8) package first,
> rebooted, then did multiple rounds of pkg updates, rebooted, then
> installed system/virtualbox and again rebooted.
>
> I've only lightly tested my guests, but I haven't seen any panics yet.
> Most stuff has worked fine, though I've discovered that none of my guests
> have functioning audio, which I'll need to look into.  I'm hoping it's
> just something weird at the host (not guest) level with audio, but I'll
> try debug that tomorrow.
>
>> Does anybody know a thing I am missing or should I open a bug report?
>
> Assuming you got the old format package cleared out, then I'm not certain
> what you could be missing.
>
> I'll be interested to hear as you make progress on this.
>
> Tim
Hi All,
I just have switched back form kvm to virtualbox (new BE updated to
latest /hipster).

Downloaded (from official virtualbox site) latest extension pack
(unfortunately I did not cleared OLD /opt/VirtualBox directory in
advance) and relevant VBoxGuestAdditions ISO to
/opt/VirtualBox/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

Then I have started my Win10 guest - all is working fine, except there
is no sound!

I see windows does not complain about missing devices (all, even
microphone is shown), but no sound or recording available.

Many thanks to Aurélien Larcher and Александр Пыхалов for this excellent
work!

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!