[OpenIndiana-discuss] Hoping for some help with captive portal issue

daniel.stewart743 daniel.stewart743 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:54:29 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,   I am new to the list again newish to Unix.  I just installed OI and everything seems to work great.  Even my wifi card works out of box.  I am very impressed.   I have hit a snag though.  When I try connecting to a public wifi network (I tried several) It is detected and starts the connection process fine but for some reason the captive portal pages with TOS agreements never come up in Firefox so the connection eventually times out.   I don't see this issue on any other device I have used across several different OS platforms and looking for info on this issue myself has born no fruit.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.