[OpenIndiana-discuss] web proxy server w/SSL/TLS termination (on OI)

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:59:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

we use Squid on OI, and it works well, but I don't think you'll be able to
do what you want with your older sparc kit.

when the browser connects to SSL, it opens up a tunnel through the proxy,
over HTTP, and the browser still does all the work of TLS/SSL ...

unless you're going to accelerate each individually named host, via
something like the Apache HTTPD accelerator, I don't think you'll be able
to do what you want.

Jon