[OpenIndiana-discuss] Intel hardware

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Jan 4 21:32:08 UTC 2018

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Intel hardware, Richard L. Hamilton...:

> Given how broadly Spectre might be applicable, I'm surprised that
> there's no mention of at least investigating the possibilities on CPUs
> other than Intel, AMD, and ARM - like SPARC, Power, or for that matter
> the CPUs in IBM mainframes.

Red Hat's landing page for their response

 	https://access.redhat.com/security/vulnerabilities/speculativeexecution

Does mention similar attacks for the other architectures that Red Hat
supports (SPARCs not included).

> Granted that between lawyers and marketing, there would be a reluctance
> to say anything.

Intel's "Newsroom" response page is pretty terrible, in that regard.

 	https://newsroom.intel.com/news/intel-responds-to-security-research-findings/

Tim
Room 242-J6, Quentin Burdick Building                  701-231-8541 (Fax)