[OpenIndiana-discuss] time/date f*up after update

Gary Mills gary_mills at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 6 14:01:43 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 01:03:21PM +0000, Chris Syntichakis wrote:
> Well, after 4 reboots the issue is fixed, weird indeed...

This bug has already been reported:

    https://www.illumos.org/issues/8680

What hardware are you running on this system?  I'd like to know the
CPU, the BIOS level, and the motherboard if you built it yourself.

Yes, a reboot will fix it temporarily.  Running NTP will correct the
date automatically.  You can also fix it with the date command,
although the syntax is quite peculiar.

I'm currently testing a solution.  If it passes all my tests, I'll
submit a patch to the illumos developers.  If that's satisfactory,
it will be integrated into a future illumos version.