[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI_Hipster doesn't register AOC-STG-I4S/BCM57840S 10GbE SFP adaptor

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Fri Jan 12 15:45:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

today, I installed OI_Hipster on my brand new Supermicro 2028R-NR48N NVMe server, that also contains this network card: AOC-STG-I4S/BCM57840S.
While I got the NVMe to register correctly (24 x Intel DC P4500 2TB), I can't get the 10GbE working, it simply doesn't show up on the pci bus, when running lspci, although I do see it flashing by in the BIOS when the system boots up.

I have reset the Supermicro's BIOS to optimum defaults, but that didn't help either. Anyone having an experience with this adaptor and can suggest what else to try?

Thanks,
Stephan