[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anyone: A summary of how to update to latest or recent Virtualbox on oi

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Jan 24 14:35:43 UTC 2018

On 01/24/18 15:15, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss
> <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> writes:
>
>> I'm currently running VBox 5.2.4 on Hipster with Win-7 Pro and Debian
>> 9.3 as guests on an HP Z400 I followed the wiki instructions.  Here
>> are the scripts I used:
>>

>> # cat tst1
>> #!/bin/sh
>> pkgtrans VirtualBox-5.2.4-SunOS-amd64-r119785.pkg . all
>> rm SUNWvbox/install/checkinstall
>> sed -i /checkinstall/d SUNWvbox/pkgmap
>> pkgadd -d . SUNWvbox
>
> Please see my most recent response to Predrag B.
>
> The presciption you show above went off without a hitch (Thanks), but
> it appears upon creating a new vm with the newly installed vbox
> GUI. that it may only be capable of creating 32 bit vms/.
>
> Do you see something like that?

Nope! I see both 32 and 64 bit in the list (will attach picture, if it
survives).

Regards.

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!