[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anyone: A summary of how to update to latest or recent Virtualbox on oi

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Jan 24 15:12:50 UTC 2018

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst
<predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com> writes:

[...]

Harry wrote:
>> The presciption you show above went off without a hitch (Thanks), but
>> it appears upon creating a new vm with the newly installed vbox
>> GUI. that it may only be capable of creating 32 bit vms/.
>>
>> Do you see something like that?

Predrag Z responded:
> Nope! I see both 32 and 64 bit in the list (will attach picture, if it
> survives).

OK, good to know.

I wanted to try the install of a new Vbox on an oi vm before going to the
hardware but apparently something is interfering with the vms ability
to recognize 64bit.  Maybe something about being nested beneath a vm HOST.

So, going to the hardware (HP xw8600 workstation with freshly updated
OI running.) Maybe the results will be similar to yours.

Thanks for the timely reply.