[OpenIndiana-discuss] failsafe boot howto on older OpenIndiana system

Andrew Gabriel illumos at cucumber.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 00:49:45 UTC 2018

On 24/01/2018 22:55, Jerry Kemp wrote:
> Had a bad power outage (another story un-into itself) at home,
> apparently took multiple drives out on an older OpenIndiana
> (pre-Hipster) system.  I believe the OS (SSD) drive is OK, and I
> believe that I probably forgot to set the zfs fail=continue switch on
> the other pools.
>
> My yahoo-fu must be off, I've been looking at wiki.openindiana.org and
> docs.openindiana.org .
>
> I'm sure I'm just missing the obvious, but can someone share the
> details of a failsafe boot for an older, pre-Hipster OpenIndiana
> install please?

At the grub menu, move to the BE you want to boot and type 'e' (for edit).
Use cursor keys and add "-m milestone=none" to the boot command line
options.
Come out of edit mode (can't remember how off-hand, but it probably
tells you on bottom of screen, maybe Esc or Return).
Type 'b' to boot.

--
Andrew