[OpenIndiana-discuss] boot failure

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 13:40:25 UTC 2018

  On Saturday, July 14, 2018, 1:28:00 AM GMT+3, Michal Nowak <mnowak at startmail.com> wrote:
 >Did he booted the latest GUI image with UEFI enabled on the laptop? UEFI
>does not work correctly at the moment. I suggest he either boots off
>Legacy BIOS, or toggles "Live SSH" in the bootloader and waits for X to appear.

Hello Michal!

Thanks for your response. My friend told me that he tried to boot using
legacy BIOS and he also tried to use the "Live SSH" option but unfortunately
nothing works. I was wondering if trying to boot from a DVD (an external one since
the machine does not have a DVD) would be a better option.

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece