[OpenIndiana-discuss] boot failure

Michal Nowak mnowak at startmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:49:09 UTC 2018

On 07/14/18 03:40 PM, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:

>    On Saturday, July 14, 2018, 1:28:00 AM GMT+3, Michal Nowak <mnowak at startmail.com> wrote:
>   >Did he booted the latest GUI image with UEFI enabled on the laptop? UEFI
>> does not work correctly at the moment. I suggest he either boots off
>> Legacy BIOS, or toggles "Live SSH" in the bootloader and waits for X to appear.
>
> Hello Michal!
>
> Thanks for your response. My friend told me that he tried to boot using
> legacy BIOS and he also tried to use the "Live SSH" option but unfortunately
> nothing works. I was wondering if trying to boot from a DVD (an external one since
> the machine does not have a DVD) would be a better option.
>
> A.S.

Well, booting from DVD is better when USB3 support is not broken. Should
this be the problem, one can boot from USB2 drive (preferably in USB2
port, if available). Unless we have at least some error message, we can
only guess, be it the NVMe disk or what not. Ask him to enable verbose
logging in the bootloader, if he can actually see something in the VGA
console.

M.